Saturday 18 April 2009

Spectrum of Online Friendships


I find this a fascinating continuum, it is something I have never tried to map but have been interested in over the years since the internet started and I had access to “friends” way beyond my own normal circle of acquaintances. I can instantly see how far many online friendships have progressed and see where they may be heading. Thinking about many on-line friends, how many will get to the end of the row, how many will reach a halfway point and stick and why? I guess because a lot like off line friends, some will be casual friends with whom you will spend a little time, from time to time, others will become much closer, sharing similar ideas or passions about certain things and you will actively seek them out.

The picture and blog, by Mike Arauz in its original place:
http://www.mikearauz.com/2009/04/spectrum-of-online-friendship.html

Very interesting :-)

No comments: