I decided to list a few sample sites, this is by no means a full list of those available, just a few of my favourites. These could be useful to most teachers.
- Sumo Paint – http://www.sumopaint.com/app/ A full on-line graphics package offering a wide range of tools and effects.
- Sketchpad - http://mugtug.com/sketchpad/ A full graphics package offering a wide range of tools and effects
- Art Pad - http://www.art.com/asp/artpad/default.asp Pick up a paintbrush and choose a colour! This painting site records a picture while it is being created and plays it back as time lapse movie.
- Slimber - http://slimber.com/ An online drawing application allowing users to draw online, replay and save their drawings. Users can rate, comment and share drawings.
- Live Brush - http://livebrush.com/ Livebrush is a drawing application. It employs an easy-to-use brush tool that reacts to your gesture. By combining simple motion controls with brush styles, Livebrush offers a fun and unique way to create graphics.
- Odosketch - http://sketch.odopod.com/ Choose soft water-colour type of pens to sketch and create pictures.
- Picnik - http://www.picnik.com/ Picnik offers easy to use yet powerful photo editing tools .
- Pizap - http://www.pizap.com/ Says it is the world’s easiest editing program – well maybe .
- Lunapic - http://www.lunapic.com/editor/ Lunapic gives photo editing and animation tools.
- Photofunia - http://www.photofunia.com/ A fun application, choose classic image to add your face to e,g, the Statue of Liberty or the Mona Lisa.
- Be Funky - http://www.befunky.com/ Make photos works of art by applying a range of drawing / painting styles to your photograph.
- The Artist’s Toolkit - http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit/index.html Explore the tools that artists use – like line, colour and balance – to build works of art.
- Leonardo’s Workshop - http://www.alifetimeofcolor.com/play/leonardo/index.html
- Carmine’s Line and Shape - http://www.alifetimeofcolor.com/play/lineshape/flash3page.html Learn about lines - So many to see. Then discover shapes - A better artist you'll be!
ART FOR LITTLE CHILDREN
- Pbskids - http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/games/mix_and_paint/mix_and_paint.html
- Mix and Paint, a fun colour mixing simulationCrayola colouring pages - http://www.crayola.com/free-coloring-pages/
- Crayola drawing and painting - children can choose a tool and mix the paint on screen http://www.crayola.com/coloring_application/index.cfm
- Billy Bear – Learn to draw http://www.billybear4kids.com/Learn2Draw/Learn2Draw.html a project for kids
- Learn to Draw - http://ababasoft.com/how_to_draw/paint_brush_mi.html Make cards and e-mail
- Artisancam - http://www.artisancam.org.uk/ lots of exciting projects to try out
- Bonomo - http://bomomo.com/ Great fun, use the tools to create unique images
- Doink - http://www.doink.com/ - a fun animation site, create vectors and animate them
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
- Gimp - http://www.gimp.org/ - GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
- Tux Paint - http://www.tuxpaint.org/ A painting program suitable for children
- PhotoPerfect Express - http://www.arcadiasoftware.com/photoperfect-express.html A Windows only photo editing program.